Below are some commonly asked questions about HRM and purchasing/selling vehicles with us. Please contact us directly if you have any other questions or concerns.
- Are all of your vehicles listed on your web site?
- No, we often have vehicles that are in the process of getting shaped up or even a total restoration. Please contact us if you are looking for a vehicle that is no longer listed on the website, as we are always acquiring new vehicles and often know of vehicles that are about to come to market.
- How do I get in touch with you?
- You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 914-217-4817.
- What are your business hours?
- We work by appointment only as we are usually out searching for vehicles, at a racing event or moving vehicles around.
- Can I inspect the vehicle or set up a third party inspection?
- Yes, while we try to describe vehicles to the best of our ability, we always encourage a personal inspection or test drive.
- Where are the vehicles kept?
- We store vehicles in various locations. Note that some of our vehicles are being offered on a consignment basis and these vehicles may require additional coordination to arrange a mutually agreeable time and location to show the vehicle.
- What payment options do you accept?
- Our preferred method of payment is wire transfer. We also accept certified checks.
- Do you collect sales tax?
- We are a licensed New York State Automobile Dealer and must collect sales tax for any in-state transaction. We do not collect sales tax for wholesale (i.e. licensed dealers) or out-of-state transactions.
We do however have the ability to save you sales tax if you are trading in a vehicle. Most states will charge sales tax only on the difference between the trade in allowance of your vehicle and the purchase price of the new one.
- Do you deliver vehicles?
- We can arrange for vehicle delivery ranging from local single car trailers to world wide delivery by air or sea.
- Do you take vehicles on consignment?
- We do take vehicles on consignment as long as they fit in with our philosophy and guidelines as to quality and condition.
- Do you take trade ins?
- Yes, we accept trade ins. Note that if your trade in vehicle is not what HRM typically sells or is not of desired condition, we will try to offer you a fair and reasonable trade in value but likely at wholesale market valuations.
- Can I drive this vehicle back to my home state?
- We can arrange for an In-Transit plate but will need an insurance certificate for the car (with VIN noted) and a copy of your drivers license.
Please note the state of Massachusetts does not recognize In-Transit permits, you may want to consider shipping, towing or pre-registering the vehicle.
Lastly, HRM suggests having vintage automobiles shipped. The time to get familiar with a 25 year or older classic is at home and not on a 3,000 mile adventure. We would be glad to perform a thorough inspection of your vehicle prior to delivery with advance notice.
- Do you consult on collections?
- Yes, we specialize in understanding market trends and foreseeing upcoming trends in collecting. We would be glad to lend our expertise in contemporary and vintage European automobiles to help you build or start a collection.
- Do you locate vehicles for clients?
- We will perform a personalized search for a client if they are committed to the vehicle and having HRM performing the search.